Cleaning a dog's poop may be the most annoying aspect of pet ownership because poop accidents leave marks on the carpet, floor, dog bed or somewhere else in your house. Though it's not an appealing topic, you should be aware of how to handle your dog's pop carefully.
- What Happens If You Don't Clean Up Dog Poop in Time
- How to Clean Dog Poop outside
- How to Clean up Dog's Poop in the House
What Happens If You Don't Clean up Dog Poop in Time?
What can be more embarrassing than stepping on a dog's poop? Unfortunately, if you don't clean up your dog's poop, it may result in a mess. In addition, if other pets pr kids come in contact with that, it can transmit several disease-causing bacteria and parasites. Plus, it will not break down on its own. Consequently, it can pollute the streams, pools and, rivers when washed through the rain. Polluted water can be harmful to human use.
Sometimes, the dog owners are in a rush, or they don't have poop bags. As a result, the dog shit left in the yards, parks, or the grass stinks with time. Not only is it against good manners, but it can also even burn the grass in your lawn being acidic.
Some dogs have a habit of eating poop. It can be dangerous for their pet owners because dogs lick their owners. Picking up the poop in time is the best way to avoid this.
How to Clean Dog Poop outside?
Dogs prefer to go outdoors to do their business. However, it doesn't mean that you should leave its shit outside with the hope of decomposition with time. Encourage your dog to poop on the sand or a less frequently used grass patch if you are outside.
Also, take care of your pet's poop consistency. Loose stool is hard to pick up. Therefore, talk to your vet if your dog has digestion issues.
1. How to Clean Dog Poop on Grass?
You can easily pick up a dog's ship from grass or sand.
- Use a thick plastic bag (preferably biodegradable) without any punctures.
- Cover the shit with it and turn the bag inside out by entrapping it.
- Seal the open end of the poop bag by tying a knot.
- Discard it into the waste bin.
2. How to Clean Dog Poop on Concrete?
Sometimes, when you don't have grass outdoors, your dog will defecate on the concrete, asphalt, or gravel. If this were happening in your yard, then you need to clean dog poop on the concrete. Follow these steps:
- Pick up the solid waste by using a plastic bag.
- Discard it in the waste bin.
- Use boiling hot water to soak the area.
- Use a cup of baking soda to scrub the spot.
- Use a metal brush to scrub the shit remains.
- Use diluted bleach, or enzyme-based cleaner to kill the smell and wash the area.
How to Clean up Dog Poop in the House?
Cleaning your dog's shit from inside of your house is more demanding. You must wash all the remains of the feces to avoid the risk of spreading diseases. Therefore, you should be more careful while cleaning the process.
Inside your house, your dog can defecate on the floor, carpet, or dog bed. The basic cleaning steps are almost the same. Follow these steps for cleaning the dog shit in the house:
- Wear safety gloves and a mask.
- Pick up using a plastic bag and dispose of the solid feces.
- Pour some disinfectant over the spot and let it sit for a few minutes. Make sure to use one that is safe for indoor surfaces.
- Add laundry stain remover in a bucket of cold water and mix it well. You can use any similar product.
- Scrub the area with a brush dipped in the soapy water until all the stains are gone.
- Use paper towels to absorb extra moisture.
- In the end, you can use an odor neutralizer to eliminate any traces of bad odor.
1. How to Get Wet Dog Poop out of Carpet?
If your furry friend passed its loose stool on the carpet, follow these steps to get the poop out of the rug.
- Scrape the stool as much as you can.
- Make a solution by adding 2 to 3 drops of dishwashing liquid, 3oz of white vinegar, and 6oz of water.
- Pour it on the spot and let it sit for a few hours, and scrub.
- You can use a wet vacuum to absorb the dirty water.
- Use towels to blot up the excess moisture.
- Mist the spot with a hydrogen peroxide solution which can prevent the browning of the carpet.
- You can also use an enzyme-based odor eliminator to get rid of the smell of the feces.
2. How to Clean Dog Poop out of Dog Bed?
Mostly, the dog beds are machine washable. In addition, they have removable covers and that can be removed easily. For machine washing, you need to:
- Use a scraper to scrape the dried poop marks. For fresh poop, wash the bed cover under a running tap to remove all the feces remains.
- Prepare a separate load to wash the bed covers, use cold water, and set larger load settings. Spray stain remover over the poop stains before washing. Next, add pet-friendly detergent into the load and wash them. Finally, tumble dry for 20 minutes.
- Place the dog bed in the front-loading machine and wash it using pet-friendly detergent and hot water to kill the germs. Then, tumble dry it for 20 minutes and let it dry in a well-ventilated area.
3. How to Clean Dog Poop on the Floor?
For cleaning the dog's poop from the wood floor, follow the mentioned steps:
- Remove the solid or loose shit as much as you can.
- Use soapy water to scrub the poop remains off the floor.
- Pour some disinfectant over the spot and leave it for a few minutes.
- Wipe and clean the area using paper towels.
- Clean the area with soapy water again if required.
- Use an odor eliminator.
4. How to Clean Dog Poop on Its Body?
If your pet is soiled with its own poop, follow these steps to clean its body.
- Wear gloves and wash the body parts soiled with feces first.
- Give a warm bath to your pet using a pet shampoo.
How do you disinfect a dog bed?
For disinfecting a dog's bed, wash it at a high temperature. Make sure to remove excess detergent. Then, put it in the drier at lower heat.
Can you spray Lysol on a dog's bed?
Spraying Lysol on your dog bed can be highly harmful since it is a phenol-based disinfectant. Moreover, it can damage your dog's liver.