Do you want to feed your dog without disturbing your routine? If so, then what could be the better solution than an automatic dog feeder!
Well, we all want our best friends to be happy and energetic throughout the day. For this, he needs a good and fulfilling meal twice a day. No matter how much we love them, sometimes taking out time from the busy schedule becomes challenging. Here comes the need for the dog auto-feeder.
In the old days, parents used to put extra bowls for their dogs if they were going out at mealtime. Fortunately, now, even with your hectic schedules, you won't have to do any pre-preparation as a dog food dispenser will automatically do everything. It will allow your dog to enjoy fresh food at its exact timing. What else can make you happier?
Benefits of Automatic Dog Feeders
Planning the dog food before time is no more than a headache for some dog owners. Even though all the love parents have for their puppies, sometimes feeding them becomes super arduous. Dog owners love the timed dog food dispenser as it takes away all the stress and reduces the workload. And you can even leave your dog unattended for several days without worrying about his food.
You might be thinking that what are they good for actually? Then, let's explore some excellent benefits!
- Feeding multiple pets is somehow difficult for the owner; with an automatic dispenser, you don't have to struggle a lot. You just need to maintain harmony and train your pets accordingly.
- With the use of a self-feeding dog feeder, you can easily set the consistent routine of your dog. It is best for the pups having a sensitive stomach or some other issues.
- Many dogs are overweight, and obesity in pets can lead to serious health risks. Automatic feeders make weight management straightforward task as it helps in feeding specific amount to your pet, which prevents him from overeating.
- Moreover, auto-feeders will also teach your puppy to consume his food slowly. If you have to go on a business trip or you have to spend extra hours on your work, then leaving your pet at home won't be an issue for the dog owner.
KEEP IN MIND
The auto dog food dispenser allows you to leave your dog unattended, but this doesn't mean that you can leave him alone for many days. You should leave him for a maximum of two days, and it is better to use camera installed dog feeder during those days. It will help you in keeping an eye on your puppy's activities.
How to Choose an Auto-Feeder: Buyer's Guide
If you are looking for the best dog auto-feeder for your four-legged friend, it is better to consider some important features before buying. Have a look at them!
You surely don't want to invest repeatedly, so it is better to make a wise decision while choosing a dog feeder. Feeders made with excellent material will stay with you for a long time as they are very durable. Usually, the best automatic dog feeder is made with stainless steel; however, you can use premium quality plastic dishes.
Also, notice that dishes used in them have smooth sides and are non-toxic for your dogs.
Different feeders can hold a different amount of foods, and considering the capacity of the feeder is very important. If you have a busy schedule and frequently leave your pet at home for a considerable interval, then make sure to choose a feeder with a large capacity. Take the feeder's maximum and minimum portion capacity into consideration. Generally, the products on the market now allow you to store up to 10 liters of food.
The weight of the pet feeder is another crucial factor to consider. Fortunately, pet feeders are not heavy, so that you can carry them effortlessly anywhere you want to. Before buying, notice the weight of the product mentioned in the description. If it is in between 6 to 8 pounds, then it is good to go.
The battery life of the feeder should be long enough to keep working throughout the year. Usually, the best feeder has an average life of almost 9-10 months.
The cost of automatic pet feeders varies, and it entirely depends on its style and size. You should neither buy a too expensive nor extra cheap product. Always consider your budget, and then choose a good product within your range. Usually, the cost of an automatic feeder is between $15-$170.
The Best 10 Automatic Dog Food Dispensers
- SELF-SELECTION: This timed dog food dispenser allows custom meal times and portions.
- SMART FEATURES: The upgraded transparent tank helps you keep an eye on the remaining food and fill it on time.
- EASY-TO-READ LCD PANEL: All setups can be quickly done through the LCD screen.
- RIGHT PORTIONS AT THE RIGHT TIME: You can program the meal times and portions easily. It allows you to set 1-6 meals a day and up to 50 portions. Customize it according to your pet's needs.
- PERSONALIZED RECORDINGS: Stay connected with the furry friend even if you are away by sending him a 10s voice recording.
- Support key lock function
- Convenient to refill
- Dual power supply
- Flexible feeding
- Allows quick setup
Don’t delay and shop today.
2. PetSafe Healthy Pet Simply Feed
- You can easily schedule 12 meals a day; you can also set the portion size according to the pet's needs.
- The feeder is 3/4 inch in diameter and allows you to put semi-moist and dry kibble inside it.
- Food dispenses slowly; this prevents your puppy from overeating.
- Batteries installed in it lasts for 9 months; this makes it easy to carry anywhere you want to.
- It comes with a locking lid
- Flexible portions
- Has slow feed options
- Highly portable
- Easy to maintain
3. Amazon Basics Gravity Pet Food Feeder
- This best automatic dog feeder is a 2-in-1 bundle: food feeder(12-pound capacity) and water dispenser(2.5-gallon capacity).
- Storage hopper keeps on releasing more food automatically so your dog will not remain hungry.
- Side cut-outs act as integrated handles that allow you to lift the feeder easily.
- Ensures maximum stability, thanks to the non-skid rubber feet.
- You can conveniently fill the hopper by simply unscrewing the lid.
- Convenient to use
- With a water dispenser
- Large capacity
- Perfect for multiple pet homes
4. WOPET Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser
- Allows you to set the four feedings for your dog so that your dog will get his meal while you're away.
- You can also control food portions by specifying the amount of food per feed.
- You can record a custom message for your pet; this will play at mealtime.
- The removable feeding tray is easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
- The food storage compartment can hold 20 cups of food at a time.
- Record message
- Control portion size
- Dual power supply
- Built-in timer
5. PetSafe 5 Meal Automatic Pet Feeder
- Ideal option for the fast eaters' pet. It will break the meal into smaller portions and develops the habit of slow eating in your pet.
- You can schedule up to 4 meals, and it comes with multiple options for feeding.
- Scheduling smaller meals helps in keeping your pet healthy.
- The BPA-free feeding tray is easy to remove and dishwasher safe.
- Has good food capacity
- Control pet weight
- Quick and easy set up
- Schedule pre-portioned meals
- The design needs more improvement
6. Automatic Pet Feeder and Waterer
- The material used in the construction of pet feeders is food grade, durable, safe, and sturdy.
- The supply system is based on natural gravity so that you can operate without any need for electricity.
- Both feeder and water dispenser have ample capacity. It can feed big pets for a minimum of 3 days and small pets for 7 days.
- Side cut-out acts as a handle that makes cleaning effortless and helps in easy lifting.
- The best thing about this feeder is that you can rinse it directly with water.
- Ergonomic design
- Automatic supply
- Ensures secure placement
- Non-toxic plastic
- Food feeder has a wide mouth
7. HoneyGuaridan Automatic Pet Feeder
- Allows you to schedule 6 meals a day, dispense 1 to 80 different portions, and has 13 cups food storage capacity.
- The stainless-steel food bowl is safe to use and easy to clean.
- It comes with a built-in low food alarm that alarms you when the food level goes down.
- If the food is stuck or blocks in the feeder, the infrared sensor detects it, and the motor can rotate opposite to release the food.
- Detachable and easy-to-clean bowl
- Advanced features
- Ergonomic Operation Panel
- Dual power system
- Have infrared sensors
- Not suitable for big dogs
8. WESTLINK 6L Automatic Pet Feeder
- Allows up to 6 meals settings without getting stuck
- Built-in voice recording and speaker encourages your dog to eat food after listening to his owner's voice.
- Energy-efficient, easy to use, jam-free, and made with premium material
- It will provide your pet with the right portion at the right time.
- Convenient to use
- Hassle-free cleaning
- Uses little energy
- Has infrared sensors
9. Aspen Pet Lebistro Programmable Food Dispenser
- The feeder has a prolonged refill time because the capacity of food storage is high.
- You can set the desired portion of food, and it will deliver food accordingly; this makes it best for parents with a busy routine.
- The food bowl has a twist-lock lid that keeps kibble flavorful and crunchy
- The LCD is easy to read and allows you to customize the meal plan quickly
- Has simple setup
- Easy to maintain
- Locks bowl securely
- Long refill time
10. PAWISE 2 Meal Automatic Dog Feeder
- This self-feeding dog feeder ensures your convenience and delivers peace of mind as you can schedule for 48 hours.
- The superior quality feeder is BPA-free, which makes it toxic-free.
- It helps in managing portion control, thus prevents overeating of dogs.
- It can hold three cups of dry food at a time.
- Premium quality
- Allows 48-hour timer
- Manages portion control
- Dishwasher safe
Matters Need Attention
Auto dog food dispenser has unlimited benefits, but here are some problems that you may have to face while using it!
- Need to teach your dog for using a feeding device
- Some feeder make noise that makes dog nervous
- Cleaning regularly of feeding dishes is a bit hectic
- Lose a way to bond with your dog by feeding with an auto dispenser.
- You can just leave your pet for 2 or 3 days at most.
- Some technical errors or malfunction may occur.
- The majority of pet feeders are not insect-proof.
Make yours' and your pets' life easy by investing in the best automatic dog feeder. If you travel frequently or have a busy routine, then your pet needs it necessarily. With this, your pet will never remain hungry, and you will have peace of mind!
KEEP YOUR PUPPY HAPPY AND WELL-FED!